Mittwoch, 19. Oktober 2011

ロリタ

Due to the fact that I saw many lolitas on Nihon-Day, I suddenly felt like writing about this cool to cute style.
In following lines I want to point out my thoughts, but I have in mind to do some more entries which cover different styles each.

However, first, phenomenons among girls and boys who are interested in lolita: Once started concentrating on lolita fashion, it’s really hard to get rid of this obsession, again. Although you haven’t enough money, you keep on planning which dresses you’ll buy next, and you are poised to spend a big amount on the perfect match.
It might sound weird for outsiders but lolita is a kind of addiction.

A friend of mine was into lolita, about a year ago. I went for cute dresses and prints but never thought about wearing the style myself.
Springtime came and my friend invited me to a small convention, where I wore adorable clothing from her. I felt nice - almost every girl can fall for this princess-ish styling, I think.
So, I decided to buy a dress myself, particularly I was searching for an evening dress for school leavers ball and inasmuch as I’m not that boring gown type, it had to be an extraordinary one.
Well, I got my teeth into brands and their prints and suddenly there were not less than 10 dresses I wanted - around 5 I fell in love with - thus the “Where to get enough money from?”-thoughts started, plus “Where to buy these awesome pieces?”, of course (admitted, I was lucky with EGL and wasn’t forced to commission a shopping service).
Straightaway my dream-dress arrived, I got chance to buy another one, that I felt to be a must-have. Spending money like water (another phenomenon that results from falling in love with brand). I was dead broke, I felt happy, though. It’s crazy, sugary clothing with (or without) kitschy, weird prints are able to make you feel so good...

Next phenomenon - at least for brand-whores (which I class among - shame. on. me.): It HAS to be BRAND! And only BRAND! BRAND!

Brand is the holy word and it sucks your wallet.
Of course, brand is expensive but in my opinion, brand’s quality is much better, especially concerning prints. I have nothing against replicas, whereas I won’t buy one, and I can understand anyone who don’t want to spend a lot of money on a dress which hangs in wardrobe most of the year. If I have a look from this angle, again, I feel like a silly little girl which can’t handle with money.
Perhaps I am this stupid arrogant kind of lolita (although I’d never call me like that; I wear lolita, but I’m not), which everybody talks about.

Arrogance is the perfect keyword. I think, wearing lolita goes hand in hand with a slightly pride. I become aware of that more often: When I recognize someone wearing replica, for example, nasty things like “Replicas are ugly. The original one is much more suitable!” flashing through my mind - next situation: weird hairdo: “Urgs... what is wrong with your hair?”
It’s wicked, I know. Positive: I’m honest! Spying someone, who has an awesome look, I make compliments - the other way around, I level constructive criticism at people with strange make-up, hairstyle and outfit. Aware of this, most people are offended, but I mean well.
I’m not hypocritical, at all, the opposite of many girls, probably.

Back to topic: Although you aren’t as arrogant as me, it’s inevitable, you start judge on other lolita’s styling and compare. Finally you might conclude that you look much prettier. That’s partly a good thing, I guess: at least, self-confidence crawls out.
(There are detached girls and boys, too, but few I suppose...)

I mentioned brand but didn’t bring up my favorite. Strictly speaking, I don’t have one. First I kept concentrating on Angelic Pretty, but I like Baby the Stars Shine Bright better by now - some prints by Metamorphose temps de fille rate among my absolutely must-haves.
Here are my current top 3:






With these pictures I’ll come to an end for today. I hope you enjoyed reading my partly ironic, partly mean minds... 

Good bye!



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen